What does community service mean to me? Community service is an activity done towards the betterment of one’s self and one’s community. It is giving service to the community without expecting monitary gain or any form of incentives. In vision 2030 the two goals that I believe are closely linked to community service or volunteerism is goal 1- “Jamaicans are empowered to achieve their fullest potential” and goal 2- “The Jamaican Society is Secure, Cohesive and Just”. I believe these two goals are closely linked to community service because goal one encourages all to be empowered to achieve their fullest potential which can be achieved through participating fully in the development of Jamaica by means of demonstrating the talents and skills has to offer and allow these skills to be developed through training and exposer to the world itself through community service. Volunteering will empower individuals with the mental frame of mind and physical know how to achieve their full potential. This then can contribute to ones future personal development by creating professional links, thus aiding in economic development.
The best custom essays
- Duty of care contributes to safeguarding or protection of individuals as you will stop and think before doing a task by asking yourself is this right for the service user
- Migration and mobility are a matter of great concern
- *what are Robots and their applications A robot is a machine used to perform certain delicate and delicate functions that a human being can not perform because of the unavailability of his presence in the place or the high precision required by these tasks
- Leadership and ethics of Sheikh Zayed Al Nahyan Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan is a remarkable figure in the history of the United Arab Emirates as a politician and leader
- Human wants are insatiable but the resources available to satisfy them are not sufficient