“They think to go like saints. I like not to spoil their names.” In the play The Crucible pride has a negative and positive effect on the events that took place. Pride is someone’s own dignity or an excessive opinion of yourself. The pride of the people of Salem leads to uncareful judgement of innocent lives. Pride influences the actions of some characters such as John Proctor. Proctor’s excessive pride causes him to the truth, he could not see he needed to reveal the truth about Abigail to end the accusations. This essay will furthermore explain how pride lead to John Proctors downfall.
The best custom essays
- Duty of care contributes to safeguarding or protection of individuals as you will stop and think before doing a task by asking yourself is this right for the service user
- Migration and mobility are a matter of great concern
- *what are Robots and their applications A robot is a machine used to perform certain delicate and delicate functions that a human being can not perform because of the unavailability of his presence in the place or the high precision required by these tasks
- Leadership and ethics of Sheikh Zayed Al Nahyan Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan is a remarkable figure in the history of the United Arab Emirates as a politician and leader
- Human wants are insatiable but the resources available to satisfy them are not sufficient