Sugar is made by some plants to store energy that they don’t need straight away, rather like animals make fat. All green plants make sugar through photosynthesis, the process plants use to transform the sun’s energy into food (Picture 1). Sugar beets and sugar cane have the greatest quantities of sugar, which is why they make the most efficient choices from which to extract sugar. The sugar that’s extracted from sugar cane (Picture 7) or sugar beet (Picture 8) plants is identical to the sugar that’s still found intact when you bite into fruits and vegetables. It is completely pure and contains no preservatives or additives of any kind. Around 75% of the world’s sugar is produced from sugarcane in tropical and subtropical climates, other than that 25% is from sugar beet, which is grown mostly in the temperate zones of the northern hemisphere.
The best custom essays
- Duty of care contributes to safeguarding or protection of individuals as you will stop and think before doing a task by asking yourself is this right for the service user
- Migration and mobility are a matter of great concern
- *what are Robots and their applications A robot is a machine used to perform certain delicate and delicate functions that a human being can not perform because of the unavailability of his presence in the place or the high precision required by these tasks
- Leadership and ethics of Sheikh Zayed Al Nahyan Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan is a remarkable figure in the history of the United Arab Emirates as a politician and leader
- Human wants are insatiable but the resources available to satisfy them are not sufficient