Reforming the UN Security Council is essential as it currently lacks representation of the rising powers that would improve chances to achieving international peace and security. It currently represents global powers of the post World War II period like Russia, China, US, UK, France, and China, known as the P5. The effectiveness and democratic character of the UNSC raise question of legitimacy since it represents global powers from almost 60 years ago and not today. Adding a country from Asia, like India for example, would only be fair because it is heavily populated, has a sense of democracy, and contains nuclear power. Moreover, the P5 countries’ main concern is exercising economic and political dominance while having the ability to veto any resolution without having detailed justifications. This another issue that hinders the success of the Security council of coming to a solution.
The best custom essays
- Duty of care contributes to safeguarding or protection of individuals as you will stop and think before doing a task by asking yourself is this right for the service user
- Migration and mobility are a matter of great concern
- *what are Robots and their applications A robot is a machine used to perform certain delicate and delicate functions that a human being can not perform because of the unavailability of his presence in the place or the high precision required by these tasks
- Leadership and ethics of Sheikh Zayed Al Nahyan Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan is a remarkable figure in the history of the United Arab Emirates as a politician and leader
- Human wants are insatiable but the resources available to satisfy them are not sufficient