On the road to Auschwitz, love, compassion, goodness and justice were words that no longer held any meaning or significance. Most people in the concentration camps entered fearful, fearing not only for their own lives, but also for the lives of the loved ones from whom they had been separated. They prayed to God, asking for the war to end soon. Many of them remained optimistic, at least initially. But as they became more conditioned to camp life, many people, like Wiesel were overcome with an inhuman weariness. Camps like Auschwitz stole away people’s identities. They left no scope for any expressions of individualism. The SS took away all their belongings and left them with the pair of clothes on their backs and a bowl. There were no longer any questions of wealth, of social distinction, and importance, only people all condemned to the same fate .People were not allowed the freedom of choice, they were all expected to follow orders without questioning them. Dehumanization was a tactic that was intentionally used by the Nazis. They broke people’s spirits in addition to inflicting physical pain. They diminished them to machine-like existences that stopped knowing how to feel or react. The Jews stopped being afraid of death, or resisting it. In fact, they began to accept that death would be their eventual fate. And many prayed for it to come faster to escape their suffering.
The best custom essays
- Duty of care contributes to safeguarding or protection of individuals as you will stop and think before doing a task by asking yourself is this right for the service user
- Migration and mobility are a matter of great concern
- *what are Robots and their applications A robot is a machine used to perform certain delicate and delicate functions that a human being can not perform because of the unavailability of his presence in the place or the high precision required by these tasks
- Leadership and ethics of Sheikh Zayed Al Nahyan Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan is a remarkable figure in the history of the United Arab Emirates as a politician and leader
- Human wants are insatiable but the resources available to satisfy them are not sufficient