In 1682 known as “The Great Law” was based on giving hard labor as a punishment. Corrections goes back to the European system used in England. Then many punishment options existed like public shaming, more common practices were whipping, branding, cutting off body parts, the more harsh crimes offenders were hung in public. There is a long timeline of our corrections history and Up until 1776 it was procedure for criminals to be banished from the American towns as a form of punishment by the British Authorities. Punishment came in different forms like exile, public shaming or flogging. The Quakers in Pennsylvania and West Jersey were among the first to advocate corporal or capital punishment, which essentially formed the foundation of the criminal justice. By 1861 large prisons were used to house thousands of criminals, the Western states decided to use old jails while the south put prisoners on farm labor.
The best custom essays
- Duty of care contributes to safeguarding or protection of individuals as you will stop and think before doing a task by asking yourself is this right for the service user
- Migration and mobility are a matter of great concern
- *what are Robots and their applications A robot is a machine used to perform certain delicate and delicate functions that a human being can not perform because of the unavailability of his presence in the place or the high precision required by these tasks
- Leadership and ethics of Sheikh Zayed Al Nahyan Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan is a remarkable figure in the history of the United Arab Emirates as a politician and leader
- Human wants are insatiable but the resources available to satisfy them are not sufficient