According to Parsons (1961) uncontrolled rural to urban migration that has been boosted by population growth and rapid urbanization has had a very significant consequence on the structure of the family system in many societies. Urbanization has also may lead to the mushrooming of squatter settlements and slums which in turn increase people’s venerability to epidemic diseases which has increased the disease burden on the family. With increase of urbanization, many social problems have arisen. The problem of urban slums, increasing low quality of life and poverty, lack of basic social services like clean water, electricity, communications facilities, housing, and the rapid rise of crimes and deviance. Urban slums are centers for undesirable social behaviors such as commercial sex work, theft, robbery, drug trafficking and use, sanitation problems, among others.
The best custom essays
- Duty of care contributes to safeguarding or protection of individuals as you will stop and think before doing a task by asking yourself is this right for the service user
- Migration and mobility are a matter of great concern
- *what are Robots and their applications A robot is a machine used to perform certain delicate and delicate functions that a human being can not perform because of the unavailability of his presence in the place or the high precision required by these tasks
- Leadership and ethics of Sheikh Zayed Al Nahyan Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan is a remarkable figure in the history of the United Arab Emirates as a politician and leader
- Human wants are insatiable but the resources available to satisfy them are not sufficient