1.3.1. General Objective
The overall objective of the study will be:
To assess factors affecting child trafficking in Gamo Gofa zone chencha woreda
1.3.2. Specific Objectives
The specific objectives of the study include:
1. To depict and investigate the attitude and role of parents and society in child trafficking in Gamo Gofa zone chencha woreda.
2. To identify the major causes of child trafficking in Gamo Gofa zone chencha woreda
3. To identify socio-economic factors that facilitate for child trafficking Gamo Gofa zone chencha woreda.
4. To identify the major actors involving in child trafficking in Gamo Gofa zone chencha woera.
1.4. Research Questions
Depending on the above objectives of the study, the following main research questions are formulated,
1) What is the attitude of parents towards their children trafficking away from their home to other parts of the country or out of the country?
2) What are the socio economic factors behind children trafficking?
3) What are the major urging causes that force people to resort in to child trafficking?
4) Who are the different actors involved in the act of child trafficking in the study area?
5) What are the major challenges that faced the trafficked persons in the whole process of their journey?
6) Are there any particular groups in the society, which are highly prone to trafficking?
7) What are the agencies of different parts of the society in the human trafficking?
1.5. Significance of the study
The importance and purpose of this study is that, to assess the general situation of child trafficking in Gamo Goffa Zone, in case of Chencha woreda and to identify the factors affecting and impact of child trafficking on their Physical, psychological and social makeup of the children, parents and societies of the study area.
Therefore, the facts which will be engendered at the completion of this study or the findings of the study are expected to have the following contributions.
To educate others employed in criminal justice fields and the community about the nature and extent of the human trafficking problems so that it is possible for others to recognize who are victims among them are and what the risk factors are that can make them more vulnerable. This information should help to enhance the collaborative efforts of low enforcement and social services to bring better help to the victims.
The other importance of this thesis and reason for the selected hypothesis is to further explore how economic factors can play a significant role in why such slavery continues in local, regional, national level and in the world at large today. It presents the accounts of trafficked persons on the factors of their trafficking and so that other researchers and concerned bodies may utilize it as input for further inquiry/ investigation or action.
1.6. Delimitation of the study
Though it is more valuable the study was covered all the zone and other parts of the country where migrants are found, due mainly to the availability of affected groups on the different geographical distribution challenges, this research will focuses on the investigation of factors of child trafficking / pull and push factors / and the challenges of trafficking in selected study area.
Therefore, the identification and understanding of these complicated factors and multifaceted challenges; and outlining the major precipitating causes of children trafficking will be the main concern of this research. To this end, the information will be gathered, through structured questioner, interviews and Focus group discussion/ FGDs/, from victims, residents /parents and public servants of Chencha and Arbaminch town were used to identify and explain the causes of trafficking. The researcher’s personal observation in the Arbaminch town will also used to identify and narrate the problems that victims face at their home and in trafficking process.
Geographically scope of this study will delimited to or gives particular emphasis to assess factors affecting child trafficking in a Gamo Goffa zone, a case of chencha woreda by taking different informants from this particular area and Arbaminch town only.
1.7 structure of the thesis
The thesis proposal contains three chapters.
Chapter one is the introductory part that includes the background of the study, statement problem, general and specific objectives and its respected research question, significance of the study, scope of the study and finally description of the study are clearly stated.
Chapter2. This chapter is started with introduction of reviewing the literature. so it provides the conceptual and theoretical background information of child trafficking activities related to the objective of the study that is the factors of child trafficking as well as reviews some basic of the ideas and thoughts of the related to the problem and the concepts that have addressed similar problem in worldwide, African, Ethiopian context and south nation nations with respect to their experiences.
Chapter3.in this chapter basically the design of the research are justified briefly.
Research Design, Research Approach, Research Methods, Research Techniques, Sample Design, Population or Universe Sampling Frame, Sampling Unit, Sampling Technique, Sample Size, Sources of Data, Data Analysis and Interpretation Data Presentation